sponsored #MTPApartner I’m proud to be partnering with Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma America (MTPA) to help newly diagnosed pALS and cALS navigate their diagnosis.
Hopeless, terminal, untreatable – all words associated with these three letters; A, L, S.
What do you do with the diagnosis of ALS? Initially, I tried to digest every bit of information I could dig up. Overwhelming and untenable, I at times find it hard to absorb the vast amount of information out there. But I have learned that knowledge is power. And in order to be an advocate for yourself it’s important to learn as much as possible, including what treatment options are available to you.
When discussing potential treatments with my doctor, I will admit the science was out of my grasp. However, undeterred I thoroughly discussed it all at length with my doctor, asking them to break it down for me. RADICAVA® (edaravone) was one of those we explored extensively. I had persistent questions and at times felt hesitant, but I trusted that the experts and my doctors would guide me.
RADICAVA® and RADICAVA ORS® (edaravone) are indicated for the treatment of ALS. RADICAVA® and RADICAVA ORS may cause serious side effects, including hypersensitivity (allergic) reactions and sulfite allergic reactions. The most common side effects include bruising (contusion), problems walking (gait disturbance), and headache. See Important Safety Information below.
I encourage all pALS and cALS to discuss every possible treatment option with their doctor.
Until there is a cure we are relegated to live as best we can, surrounded by love. Surrounded by those who embrace us and support us. Ultimately even though we may no longer be able to physically embrace others, we can certainly “embrace our now”.
Interested in sharing your RADICAVA experience with others? MTPA offers the Share Your Story program to allow real people to share real stories. Call a JourneyMateTM Resource Specialist toll-free 1-855-457-6968 or sign-up at http://www.ShareYourALSStory.com.
Whether you’ve been recently diagnosed or have been living with ALS for some time, these ideas may help you and your caregiver navigate and prepare to move forward through your ALS journey: https://www.radicava.com/patient/understanding-als/#ideas-for-living-with-als.
This information is intended for U.S. audiences only 18 years of age and older. RADICAVA® is available by prescription only. Talk to your doctor.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
Do not receive RADICAVA (edaravone) or RADICAVA ORS (edaravone) if you are allergic to
edaravone or any of the ingredients in RADICAVA and RADICAVA ORS.
Before you take RADICAVA or RADICAVA ORS, tell your healthcare provider about all of your
medical conditions, including if you:
• have asthma
• are allergic to other medicines.
• are pregnant or plan to become pregnant. It is not known if RADICAVA or RADICAVA ORS will harm your unborn baby.
• are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed. It is not known if RADICAVA or RADICAVA ORS passes into your breastmilk. You and your healthcare provider should decide if you will receive RADICAVA or RADICAVA ORS or breastfeed.
Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
What are the possible side effects of RADICAVA and RADICAVA ORS?
RADICAVA and RADICAVA ORS may cause serious side effects, including hypersensitivity (allergic) reactions and sulfite allergic reactions.
• Hypersensitivity reactions have happened in people receiving RADICAVA or taking RADICAVA ORS and can happen after your medicine has been given.
• RADICAVA and RADICAVA ORS contain sodium bisulfite, a sulfite that may cause a type of allergic reaction that can be serious and life-threatening. Sodium bisulfite can also cause less severe asthma episodes in certain people. Sulfite sensitivity can happen more often in people who have asthma than in people who do not have asthma.
• Tell your healthcare provider right away or go to the nearest emergency room if you have any of the following symptoms: hives; swelling of the lips, tongue, or face; fainting; breathing problems; wheezing; trouble swallowing; dizziness; itching; or an asthma attack (in people with asthma).
Your healthcare provider will monitor you during treatment to watch for signs and symptoms of
all the serious side effects and allergic reactions.
The most common side effects include bruising (contusion), problems walking (gait
disturbance), and headache.
These are not all the possible side effects of RADICAVA or RADICAVA ORS. Call your doctor for
medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You
may also report side effects to http://www.fda.gov/medwatch or Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma
America, Inc. at 1-888-292-0058.
RADICAVA and RADICAVA ORS are indicated for the treatment of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
For more information, including full Prescribing Information, please visit http://www.RADICAVA.com.